Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday.


It has been raining all day. And I mean all day. It was only a bothersome drizzle when I left the house, though by the time I made it back it was a pretty good downpour. In leaving the warmth and comfort of my cozy home during such weather, I expected to only be gone 45 minutes, tops. But then I had this burst of energy that kept me out for four hours taking care of errands.

When I finally made it home, the kitchen exploded (because I was so on fire cooking and baking up a storm, that is). This was my first attempt ever at cooking tofu. The tofu itself came out great; the texture was perfect. The "sweet and sour" sauce? Eh. At least I've learned a new skill in the basics of making tofu. Next up? Getting a good marinade down.


Beyond attempting tofu, I also cooked up some chicken breasts for the next few days (I know, I know, maybe the karma of cooking chicken while cooking tofu is why my sauce turned out terrible? Hm.). And I went nuts with pie dough and boysenberry jam. I made some cute little mini pies that turned out tasty, though didn't bake up exactly as I had hoped. With all the left over tidbits, and a little deflated by my defunct try at food in general this evening I spooned out unnecessary amounts of boysenberry jam and played with my food. The result? Happy boysenberry turnover thingies that lost their guts in the oven. But they make me so happy to look at...and eat. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment