Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wedding!

This weekend my friend Shay is getting married!  I have been looking forward to this for a very long time, especially because this means I get to take a little trip!  Since being back from Boston (over a year now) I haven't gone ANYWHERE.  My wanderlust is getting the best of me.  When it's been too long since getting out my mind goes "I should move somewhere completely different.  That would be fun."  Post-Boston Katie now knows better.  Perhaps I just take a trip.

So Friday I'll be driving up past San Francisco to Fort Ross to camp and celebrate.  I don't think I've ever been that far north in California.  This week has been about getting the last little bits and errands taken care of before I leave.  Today I wrapped their gift.  Although they had THEE BEST wedding registry (via amazon, and included a dremel- I love them) I opted for a small vintage gift which hopefully expresses as much love.  

Doesn't this little guy remind you of *Batteries Not Included?
Two Pyrex coffee cups to share a cup in the morning and a vintage pair of binoculars.  My favorite part of gift giving is always wrapping it.  Seriously.  I was born to wrap gifts.  Luckily I came across these precious "knot" cards and envelopes at Michael's in the dollar bin (score!) which are absolutely perfect as a wedding card.  Sure, they're blank inside, but I'm pretty darn good at writing sweet words.....or if my romantic musings are blocked I can always go with one of the millions of poems, sayings, or phrases that have been written since the beginning of time.
Here's hoping they like it!  This trips going to be a quick one (drive up Friday, drive back Saturday night) but it's so much-needed.  Also, I just feel so blessed to get to be a part of it.  Shay and I only get to see one another every couple of years or so, but she's one of those friends that has such a place in my heart.  This makes my heart swell to know that I am in hers as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment